About Ms. P

barupa” has been my online moniker since 1991, when I created an email address from the first 2 letters of my first, middle, and married names: Barbara Ruth Paciotti. I later added my state’s PO abbreviation so I’m also barupatx. (That’s Texas USA, in case you didn’t know!) My students and teacher/librarian colleagues call me “Ms. P“.

After 15 years “at home,” I returned to education as a Science Teacher in an alternative high school for at-risk students and taught there for 9 years. After certifying as a School Librarian, I moved to a 2-yr-old middle school, and remained there for 13½ years. I seem to love working with the kids that make most folks cringe (I also love ages 2-4) so clearly I’m a woman in need of therapy!

Blogger Barbara Paciotti is a retired School Librarian and former Science Teacher in the Dallas TX Metroplex. She is active online as "barupa" or "barupatx" and offers educational resources through teacherspayteachers.com/Store/No-Sweat-Library-Lessons and pinterest.com/NoSweatLibrary/. #NoSweatLibraryI began blogging shortly after becoming a School Librarian, as a way to share what I’ve learned. Attending conferences or seminars and in online discussion forums and listservs, I always contribute. I thank my school district: I take nearly every professional development they offer, even out of my subject area, and I learn from some remarkable educators. Plus, I’m a voracious reader of education blogs and books! I strive to see the big picture…how it all fits together…so that I can integrate it for others to more easily understand.

I’ve advocated technology since taking a FORTRAN course in college (long long ago, in a galaxy…no, wait, just long, long ago). In the early 90’s I took a few defunct computers at my school and built 2 working ones for a fellow teacher—earning the title “Tech Queen.” In 1995 I ventured into the text-only WWW and began creating Web pages—eventually I became our district’s Web Trainer for several years and presented at a Texas Library Association conference. Originally an Apple fan, I’m now a PC person. My love for digital technology continues, and I try to keep up with all the new stuff, although the learning curve is much steeper as I get older!

My other interests include home improvements—from painting & wallpapering, to plumbing & electric, to landscaping & gardening, to repairs & construction. (My hubby gifted me a radial arm saw!) The one thing I hate is housework, so even though I retired after 25 years in education, I still have a cleaning lady every other week!

I like to help people find answers (probably why I became a school librarian) and I hope you find some through this blog.

BrP
(Not indigestion, just my initials)
blogging from the Dallas TX Metroplex, USA

line of books laying down - indicates end of blog article

barupa's online curation service - For information, email me at barupa@gmail.comAs a Visual Content Marketing Specialist, I focus on Teachers, especially those with blogs and/or TeachersPayTeachers stores. I can:

• create branded pins for Pinterest with optimized keywords and pin descriptions
  • schedule pins through Tailwind
  • curate other online sources into posts or pins
  • create Pinterest boards with branded board covers
  • analyze basic analytics to develop your marketing strategy
  • assist with blog: copy writing and editing posts, clean up older entries, troubleshoot display errors.

For more information please email me at barupa@gmail.com.