A New Blogging Beginning with the Edublogs Club

My Blogging Story

I created my first blog–BrP Bytes (see pic below)–back in 2005 on Blogger but my posting was very intermittent–months would go by before I’d remember to add something!

I’ve retired that site and moved my library-related material to this blog in 2015. I wanted to create fresh posts based on my acquired knowledge & experience, and make sure what I share is related to the current educational climate. I still struggle with posting regularly, so joining the Edublogs club seems an excellent opportunity to begin forming some new habits and building a legacy of quality school library information.

I’m a regular reader of others’ blogs related to teaching, school libraries, and educational technology. One of my favorites is another Edublogs member, Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day, and I’m also a huge fan of Jennifer Gonzalez’s Cult of Pedagogy,¬†Richard Byrne’s Free Technology for Teachers, and Stony Evans’s Library Media Tech Talk.¬† I read 100+ other blog feeds through my feedly aggregator. I usually spent Wednesday and Saturday mornings reading through all my feeds!

I’ve discovered that some of the best bloggers generate so much more traffic by using visuals, so one of my goals with my renewed blogging experience is to add more interest to my posts with media: illustrations, photos, and videos. The great thing about Edublogs is that they provide the means to do this so easily! Looking forward to a new and shared experience with others in the #EdublogsClub!

BrP – Barbara Paciotti (barupatx)

5 thoughts on “A New Blogging Beginning with the Edublogs Club

1. Hi Barbara

Welcome to the Edublogs Club! Another thing that helps is using Heading styles. Longer posts I’ll break into sections using a Heading 3, and within the sections may also use bold. These combined with visuals work well.

@suewaters

2. Hi Barbara,
    Adding visuals to a post is so important and is one of the first things I teach students in the student blogging challenge I run.

But it is also important to make sure they know where to find the visuals using creative commons .