Looking Forward 2> A New Beginning: Edublogs Club

Prompt #1 – My Blog Story

As far as I remember, I created my first blog–BrP Bytes (see pic below)–back in 2005 on Blogger but my posting was very intermittent–like months would go by with nothing!

Though I still have the site, I moved much of my library-related material to this blog in 2015. After retiring, I wanted to create fresh posts based on acquired knowledge & experience and related to the current educational climate.Unfortunately, I’ve still struggled with posting regularly, so this club seems an excellent opportunity to begin forming some new habits and building a legacy of quality school library-related information.

I am a regular reader of others’ blogs, almost exclusively related to teaching, school libraries, and educational technology. One of my favorites is another Edublogs member, Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day, and I’m also a huge fan of Jennifer Gonzalez’s Cult of Pedagogy, Richard Byrne’s Free Technology for Teachers, and Stony Evans’s Library Media Tech Talk.  I get these 4 direct to my email, and I read 100 other blog feeds through my feedly aggregator. Before retiring I only followed about 30 bloggers and that kept me pretty current–I usually spent most Saturday mornings reading through all my feeds!

I’ve discovered that some of the best bloggers generate so much more traffic with visuals, so one of my goals with my renewed blogging experience is to add more interest to my posts with multimedia: illustrations, photos, and videos. The great thing about Edublogs is that they provide the means to do this so easily! Looking forward to a new and shared experience with others in the #EdublogsClub!

BrP – Barbara Paciotti (barupa)

5 thoughts on “Looking Forward 2> A New Beginning: Edublogs Club

1. Hi Barbara

Welcome to the Edublogs Club! Another thing that helps is using Heading styles. Longer posts I’ll break into sections using a Heading 3, and within the sections may also use bold. These combined with visuals work well.

@suewaters

2. Hi Barbara,
    Adding visuals to a post is so important and is one of the first things I teach students in the student blogging challenge I run.

But it is also important to make sure they know where to find the visuals using creative commons .