About

Are you a School Librarian? Need solutions for perplexing problems? You’ll find those here at the Looking Backward blog.

BrP Bytes blog on BloggerI wish I’d had a source like this when I began as a Middle School Librarian! I’ve been blogging for School Librarians since 2005, first with BrP Bytes on Blogger, then in 2015 with Looking Backward on Edublogs. I like to help people find answers (probably why I became a teacher & a school librarian) and I hope you find some through this blog.

I want to help you see the big picture—how it all fits together—to more easily manage your school library. A voracious reader of education bloggers and books related to teaching, school libraries, and technology, I strive to share information that is relevant to the current educational climate. From my acquired knowledge and experience, I hope to build a legacy of quality school library guidance and resources.

Blogger Barbara Paciotti is a retired School Librarian and former Science Teacher in the Dallas TX Metroplex. She is active online as "barupa" or "barupatx" and offers educational resources through teacherspayteachers.com/Store/No-Sweat-Library-Lessons and pinterest.com/NoSweatLibrary/. #NoSweatLibraryLearn how to create Library Lessons customized for the middle school library. When I returned to education after 15 years as stay-at-home-mom, I taught science for 9 years in an alternative high school for at-risk students. Personalized, self-paced lessons were our mainstay, along with integrating other subject curricula into our own. This unique perspective helps me to build lessons and units for library visits with any and all subject areas.

You can find my Library Lesson Planner on my FREE School Librarian Resources page.

Use technology for student success and to make our job easier! My techno-fervor began with a FORTRAN course in college (long long ago, in a galaxy…no, wait, just long, long ago). After building 2 working computers for a fellow teacher from a few defunct ones, I earned the title “Tech Queen.” In 1995 I ventured onto the (originally text-only) WWW to create our district’s school Web pages, became our district’s Web Trainer, and presented at a Texas Library Association conference. My middle school was built at the turn of the millennium as a high-tech exemplar for the time, so many of my lessons include educational technology components.

Find authentic, easy-to-use materials for your School Library! After 26 years in education, I retired due to health issues (otherwise I’d still be there), but retirement does give me time to create middle school library lessons and management tools that are available through No Sweat Library, my Teachers Pay Teachers store. I can contribute to educators worldwide and share my passion for education and organization.

I sweat it so you don't have to! plus No Sweat Library logo and photo of Ms P

barupa” has been my online moniker since 1991, when I created an email address using the first 2 letters of my first, middle, and married names: Barbara Ruth Paciotti. I later added my state of Texas’ PO abbreviation so you can also find me as barupatx. My students and colleagues just call me “Ms. P“—although I love that one teacher dubbed me Goddess of All That Is Known.”

I usually sign off on things as…
BrP
(Not indigestion, just my initials)
Blogging from the Dallas TX Metroplex, USA
I’d love to hear from you. You can email me at barupa@nosweatlibrary.org.

You can, no doubt, tell that I love working with the kids that make most folks cringe—alternative schoolers, middle schoolers, and also toddlers 2-4… ( I’m clearly a woman in need of therapy!) My other interests include home improvements—from painting & wallpapering, to plumbing & electric, to landscaping & gardening, to repairs & construction. (My hubby gifted me a radial arm saw!) The one thing I hate is housework, so I still have a cleaning lady every other week!

line of books laying down - indicates end of blog article